Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving and Donor Services, the Individual Giving Manager serves as a member of the Philanthropy Team that executes strategies to secure general gifts from individuals up to $1,500 to the Annual Fund campaign. The Individual Giving Manager supports and implements day-today administration of five giving circles; performs specialized functions independently and at a best-in-class level; synthesizes and communicates frontline insights and improvement opportunities; compiles, develops, and analyzes data and reports; and informs and refines systems and processes all with the goal of promoting a culture of philanthropy that celebrates the generosity of every donor who invests in the mission of the CSO.
• Assist the Director of Individual Giving and Donor Services with quarterly and annual fundraising plans, donors solicitations, cultivation and stewardship efforts for gifts <$1,500
• Write content and manage the production of fundraising materials, including direct mail appeals, telefunding scripts, brochures, website, eblasts and newsletter articles
• Implement fundraising strategies to meet budgeted income goals, as well as the appropriate moves management strategies to upgrade donors to higher giving levels
• With the Director of Individual Giving and Donor Services, the Director of Events and the Leadership Giving Manager, manage various cultivation and recognition events annually, as well as guest artist receptions
• With the Individual Giving Team, coordinate regular Individual Giving status to internal and external leadership
• Collaborate with the Leadership Giving Manager to identify prospects in the general gifts campaign who are ready for additional cultivation to increase their support to the institution
• Maintain a prospect pool of approximately 50 active constituents using moves management strategies
• Assist with intern and volunteer management to provide the Philanthropy Department administrative support
• Perform prospect research Work with the Data Team to manage Tessitura upgrade projects and Department report requests
• Serve as the department representative on the Website Team, ensure that Philanthropy Department pages are updated regularly Manage portion of individual donor budget, ensuring revenue targets are met or exceed and expenses are kept within stated parameters, including managing collateral supply inventory
• Provide VIP ticketing assistance to donors and other patrons
• Manage Annual Fund communications through the monthly donor e-newsletters, CSO website and Symphony-Email
The ideal candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent computer, strategic thinking, organizational and communication skills. They must possess the ability to work effectively under pressure and harmoniously with other staff, and observe the highest level of discretion and confidentiality when dealing with donors. This individual also must have outstanding capacities for personal presentation, organization, self motivation, accuracy, follow-through, timeliness, consistency, and the ability to handle a multitude of tasks under deadline pressure.
The candidate also must possess the following qualifications and/or characteristics:
• Undergraduate degree with two years individual fundraising experience, preferably in the nonprofit arts sector
• Excellent written, verbal communication and editing skills
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, multi-task and use independent judgment while keeping Supervisor informed of work activity and issues
• Ability to maintain the strictest of confidence and utmost honesty
• Must interact effectively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors and prospects
• Experience with relational databases such as Tessitura
• Comfortable analyzing statistical reports and manipulating data within a database to generate forms/cards, etc.
• Goal- and team-oriented, motivated and enthusiastic, curious and perceptive, entrepreneurial and adaptive, disciplined and responsible, tenacious and passionate
• Ability to work outside traditional business hours and to assume other responsibilities as assigned
The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, and parking. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Individual Giving Manager" in the subject line.
For a list of other Job Opportunities, click here