Founded in 1902, Delta Zeta Sorority boasts 168 collegiate and 250 alumnae chapters and upward of 240,000 members throughout the world. The Delta Zeta Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3, is the giving arm of the Sorority with the mission of advancing the Sorority's vision to be a premiere women's organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a fundraising professional to go to the next level and make a mark on the national development stage. The Associate Director will have an opportunity to grow the annual fund and drive major gifts. With the sizeable national member base, there is untapped opportunity for the new Associate Director to increase both the number and size of gifts from alumnae. This is an opportunity for a self-driven individual to grow as a leader within the organization and refine relationship building, major gift solicitation and project management skills in a team-based culture.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the overall responsibility of the Associate Director of Development is to implement national fundraising programs. Initial focus will be on planning and implementing mail, phone and email solicitation communication strategy. In conjunction with the Director of Advancement, the Associate Director will identify, cultivate, and solicit both annual and major gift support. As a member of the National Headquarters leadership team, the Associate Director contributes to cross-functional initiatives and fosters a team-based work culture.
Ideally, our candidate has:
* Served a national organization.
* Two or more years of achievement as a fundraising professional or equivalent experience in a field that emphasizes the strategic development of client relationships.
* Success devising annual fundraising campaign strategies.
* A passion for development work and for supporting the vision of an organization.
* Skills in soliciting, cultivating and stewarding annual fund and major gifts.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communicational skills - builds lasting relationships.
* A professional presence - comfortable being 'on stage' - confident public speaking skills.
* A collaborator - excels in a team-based culture - but independent and self-driven.
* Strategic - uses metrics and analytical abilities to bolster and support strategy.
* A problem solver - anticipates issues and finds solutions.
* Proactively keeps pace with new fundraising techniques - committed to own professional development.
* Comfort with technology - knowledge of fundraising software - leverages social media.
* Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
The Associate Director may work remotely but must be willing to travel.
Compensation package includes competitive base salary commensurate with experience and strong benefits.
For confidential consideration, a resume and cover letter should be forwarded to DZFoundation@deltazeta.org.
For a list of other Job Opportunities, click here.