Our client, The Contemporary Arts Center, has retained our services to identify and hire a Major Gifts Director. Located in Cincinnati, this acclaimed fine arts organization has been dedicated to showcasing the artists and their work on the cutting edge of the art world for nearly 80 years. The CAC provides experiences through exhibitions and performances as well as educational and outreach programs, to engage and interact with the art, artists, and ideas of our time. Working with our regional community of visitors, patrons, and partners, and with our global community of artists and institutions, the CAC explores and celebrates the unfolding landscape of art and expression.
Currently the CAC is establishing a more robust development presence among its patrons and existing donors. The successful candidate needs to be a seasoned development professional who can build upon a solid development program in this highly collaborative, fast-paced setting.
This position reports to the Chief of Development and will work very closely with the Executive Director and senior staff.
The Major Gifts Director will:
* Plan and execute fundraising strategies to assure necessary revenue to accomplish the organization’s goals including annual giving, major giving and planned giving
* Build new and existing relationships through the identification, cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of individuals and naturally-aligned corporate and foundation donors
* Represent the institution in the community through natural interactions
* Monitor, track and analyze the performance of the development program
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of proven, successful, fundraising experience
* Excellent communication skills; representing the organization with professional maturity
* A builder and connector with a high level of intellectual curiosity and a tenacious spirit
* A well-organized team member with an understanding of, and a passion for, the mission
* An energetic doer who is comfortable and thrives in a creative, diverse environment
Compensation package includes a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and attractive benefits.
For confidential consideration, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to resumes received by December 21st, although resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.